The duties and responsibilities of the Chief Delegate are to:
- Serve as a member of the Chapter Board of Directors and Executive Committee. Review each motion to come before the Board of Directors and provide consultation as needed to the motion maker and the Board.
2. Serve as Chair for the Chapter delegates at all meetings of the House of Delegates.
3. Maintain accurate records of the number of delegates allocated to each district.
4. Submit the Chapter’s official delegate roster and register delegates onsite at the House of Delegates.
5. Vote at the meetings of House of Delegates, and record same on voting sheets, in accordance with policies of the Chapter. When no Chapter policy exists on an issue, consult with other Chapter delegates, other Chapters, and leaders of the APTA to determine what best serves the Chapter and its relation to the APTA and the interests and standards of the entire profession and chapter members.
6. Call any special meetings of the delegation deemed necessary.
7. Prepare resolutions as instructed by the Chapter Board of Directors and/or the Chapter membership, to be presented to the House of Delegates by the Chapter.
8. When a delegate is not in attendance at a session of the House of Delegates, the Chief Delegate will assume the vote in accordance with the rules of the House of Delegates and the Chapter bylaws.
9. Provide relevant information regarding the actions of the House of Delegates to the Chapter Board of Directors and the Chapter membership through reports, publications, or other educational venues.
10. Prepare bylaw amendments when necessary and notify the membership at least 30 days prior to the Chapter’s annual business meeting.
11. Annually (by June 30th), and prior to the end of the term of office, review and revise all components of the PPTA Policy and Procedure Manual related to the Chief Delegate or Chapter delegates as indicated. All such changes are subject to approval by the Board of Directors.
12. Make a report in writing at each meeting of the Board of Directors and at the Annual Meeting of the Chapter.
13. Orient successor to the contents of the Chief Delegate’s file and to the duties of the office. Provide successor with all Chief Delegate records and the PPTA Policy and Procedure Manual.
14. Submit two articles for the newsletter annually.
15. Submit an annual budget for his/her office as part of the Chapter’s current budgeting process and in the format required by the Treasurer.
16. Submit nominations for APTA offices as approved by the Board of Directors or Executive Committee.
17. Respond to any and all charges from the Board of Directors.
18.Have a copy of Robert’s Rules of Order available for reference at all meetings of the Chapter, the Board of Directors, and the Executive Committee along with the Chapter Bylaws and Standing Rules.